We need to start getting the first goal - Byrom
Midfielder pleased to be back after an injury-hit five months
JOEL Byrom says Boro need to get a win on the board and not talk about how unlucky they have been in some of their games.
After a series of injuries Byrom made his first Boro start for five months at the weekend in the 1-0 defeat at Shrewsbury.
After the game the midfielder told The Comet that although his side put Shrewsbury under considerable pressure towards the end of the game, and had a number of chances to draw the match, if they had begun to play as well as that earlier in the game they have may got at least a point from the encounter.
“It was very frustrating,” Byrom said after the game. “I thought we deserved more out of the game. We tried to force the ball into the net in the last 10 minutes, but it was just one of those frustrating things.
You may also want to watch:
“This league’s always like this, there’s a lot of tight games, a lot of draws, a lot of one goals deficits. You have to get the first goal really and cut out mistakes.
“We kept pushing and pushing right until the death and that’s a good thing we have in this squad.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
“I thought we were going to get one, but it was one of those things. Maybe if we started playing like that earlier we might have had a chance.
“It was an improvement from Tuesday (last week’s 3-0 defeat to Bury), but at the end of the day we’re still not happy, we’re not winning games, we need to start putting points on the board rather than saying we were unlucky in losing 1-0.
“My legs are bit tired, but I felt ok in the game. It’s been five months since I last played a first team game so it’s been a long time but obviously I want to be available to every game now.
“The adrenaline kicked in today, I didn’t really feel that tired to be honest. I just wanted to be there, get a goal, get an equaliser but it didn’t quite happen.”