We need to move four players out, says Westley
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage need to reduce squad size to balance the books as the transfer window deadline looms
Graham Westley says Stevenage need to move four players out of the door before the club starts to think about bringing anyone else in the other way as the transfer window shuts this evening (Monday).
Chairman Phil Wallace said in Saturday’s programme notes that he has made no secret of the fact that ‘we would like to move a couple out so that we can balance the books’, and afterwards Westley added that the squad will be reduced in size.
“You never know what is going to happen as a transfer window closes.
“One thing’s for sure, we need to get four players out of the door before we can start thinking about anything happening the other way.
You may also want to watch:
“You’ve read the chairman’s notes [in the programme] today which were clear: things have to happen on the way out as a matter of urgency.
“We’re going to see the squad reduced in size and that’s part of the work that needs to be ongoing.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Stevenage transfer-listed Marcus Haber and David Gray earlier in the summer, while Filipe Morais recently made it clear to the club that he wishes to leave.
Although there has been interest in Lucas Akins the winger’s current injury situation - he has had surgery on his ankle and is out for two months - means he will remain at Boro for the time being.