We must be more disciplined - Westley
Boro boss Graham Westley has vowed to improve the club s disciplinary record so his side doesn t get a bad name amongst Blue Square Premier officials. Westley believes Boro have been on the wrong end of some harsh decisions from referees, most notably Pe
Boro boss Graham Westley has vowed to improve the club's disciplinary record so his side doesn't get a bad name amongst Blue Square Premier officials.
Westley believes Boro have been on the wrong end of some harsh decisions from referees, most notably Peter Vincenti's dismissal against Histon, but is looking for his side to clean up their act so they don't get a bad reputation.
"We want to get on top of our discipline," Westley told The Comet. "We feel that we have been on the wrong end of some decisions but we don't want to get ourselves a bad name with referees and it's certainly something we are looking to improve."
Meanwhile, Westley revealed that his coaching staff have been looking into the reason why so many of his stars have spent time on the treatment table at the start of the season.
You may also want to watch:
The likes of Charlie Griffin, David Bridges, Andy Drury, Darren Murphy and Chris Day have all missed out on playing time due to injury problems prompting Westley to look at the root cause.
"We look in great detail as to why we are picking up these injuries," he added. "You always look at if they are coming through fatigue or whatever but to be honest we've just been a bit unlucky.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
"But I've got to give credit to the squad for coping with the losses. I've had to use a lot of players in the opening weeks and they've responded.