We'll learn to cope with defensive approach - Westley
Boro boss Graham Westley believes his side are still coming to terms with teams coming to The Lamex Stadium adopting a defensive mentality. Boro were forced to settle for a draw against Wrexham on Tuesday night with Dean Saunders men delighted to be ret
Boro boss Graham Westley believes his side are still coming to terms with teams coming to The Lamex Stadium adopting a defensive mentality.
Boro were forced to settle for a draw against Wrexham on Tuesday night with Dean Saunders' men delighted to be returning to Wales with a share of the spoils but Westley insists his players will learn to cope with the reputation they have established on home soil.
"I think it's a learning process and we've got to learn how to deal with it," said Westley, who has not seen his side lose at home since last November. "When you get that message out there that this is a really tough place to come people will decide to perhaps play in a defensive way.
"They are going to try and make life difficult for you but it's a learning process. You have to go through the phase where maybe you face it and you struggle against it.
You may also want to watch:
"People then learn the answers and learn how to deal with it. Ultimately it can be a really positive thing because sides come with a really negative mentality and you can take advantage of that.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 8 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 9 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 10 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire