‘We have never stopped thinking about you’ – Brother’s heartfelt plea to missing Stevenage man who was last seen in 1984
- Credit: Archant
A public appeal to trace a Stevenage man who has been missing since 1984 has been relaunched today with a heartfelt plea from his brother.
David Kelly had been living in the town’s Kimbolton Crescent and working as a carpenter in Herts, Bedfordshire and London before he disappeared in September 1984.
Since that time, David – who is now 59 and was born in Drogheda in Ireland – has had no contact with his family.
Today, following a series of unsuccessful appeals, PC Stuart Barnett from Herts police’s missing person’s unit is again appealing for the public’s help in a bid to trace him.
“Since David’s disappearance he has had no contact with any of his family and his whereabouts remain unknown,” said PC Barnett.
You may also want to watch:
“Sadly previous appeals have not brought any information and whilst it has been decades since his disappearance I would urge anyone who may have known David who hasn’t already contacted police, to please call us with any information. I would also ask David to make contact if he sees this appeal.”
His brother John Kelly, speaking on behalf of the family and his wife Kim, said: “David if you see this appeal I want you to know that your brothers and sisters miss you very much and have never stopped thinking about you.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
“It would be lovely to know you are alive, well and happy. John and Kim.”
David was described at the time of his disappearance as being white, 5ft 7ins tall, of thin build and clean shaven.
He is originally from the Republic of Ireland and spoke with a southern Irish accent and, as well as Stevenage, has links to Bedford and Tottenham and Hornsey in London.
If you can help find David, please call PC Barnett via the Herts police non-emergency number 101 or email email@example.com.