‘We dominated Carlisle but failed to take our chances,’ says Stevenage defender
- Credit: Archant
Fraser Franks says Stevenage have to be more clinical in front of goal.
Boro lost 1-0 at Carlisle United on Saturday despite having four or five good chances to score, including a couple of headers for Franks’ fellow centre-half Luke Wilkinson which the defender put wide.
Carlisle scored the winner in the second period thanks to a header from Jabo Ibehre, and the result means that Stevenage remain in 19th place in the League Two table, a position they have occupied since Boxing Day.
“We’ve dominated the first half and we’ve had some good chances in both halves,” Franks told the Comet.
“I think we’ve had four or five good chances, and we’ve not taken them. They’ve had one clear chance and they’ve scored.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got some match winners in our team with people like [Tom] Pett, Byron [Harrison], [Michael] Tonge and Dean Parrett and we’ll always create chances. We’ve just got to take them and be clinical.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn