We do not underestimate Morecambe says Stevenage boss
- Credit: Archant
Darren Sarll is expecting a tough game against Morecambe on Good Friday despite their opponents languishing in the lower reaches of League Two.
The Shrimps are 19th and without a win in their last nine matches, while Stevenage have won each of their last eight home games.
However Stevenage were beaten 4-0 at Colchester United last time out and Sarll wants to see his players bounce back this weekend.
“When you have people at the top of the organisation like Jim Bentley, well you don’t underestimate Jim’s sides,” Sarll said.
“There have been too many away games where they have neutralised their opponents and they have played very well.
You may also want to watch:
“We all know in League Two that form and place and status in the table don’t mean anything on any given day.”
Sarll added: “It’s just so important that we are right [for the weekend]. Morecambe are a new project. There is a manager there I highly respect and I think that he does a fantastic job.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed