We didn't stick to game plan - Roberts
BORO skipper Mark Roberts admitted Tuesday night s 1-1 draw with Grays Athletic was a case of two points dropped. Boro enjoyed the majority of the possession but Lee Boylan s goal aside, they couldn t find a way past a stubborn Grays defence and Roberts w
BORO skipper Mark Roberts admitted Tuesday night's 1-1 draw with Grays Athletic was a case of two points dropped.
Boro enjoyed the majority of the possession but Lee Boylan's goal aside, they couldn't find a way past a stubborn Grays defence and Roberts was unhappy that Boro couldn't continue their recent good away form in front of their own fans.
"It was very disappointing, not just the result but also the performance," the Boro skipper told The Comet. "We've been playing very well away from home and we're very disappointed to have dropped two points.
"There were plenty of efforts going in, but the efforts going in weren't in the right manner. Our patterns of play weren't as we practised them which is obviously very disappointing but we've got to pick ourselves up and get three points on Saturday now."
You may also want to watch:
Grays manager Julian Dicks had blasted his team in the media after they lost 3-0 to Altrincham last weekend and Roberts said that Boro were expecting to come up against a team with a point to prove.
"We'd read in the paper that the manager had had a go at them after the weekend's performance so we were fully expecting them to put up a really good rearguard performance today which they did," said the former Northwich defender.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
"They worked their socks off and in the end they probably deserved their point."
Altrincham are the visitors to The Lamex Stadium on Saturday and Roberts insists Boro need to improve if they are to get three points.
"We're expecting a similar sort of game," said the 25-year-old. "It's going to be a tough game against Altrincham, they'll come here and work hard and they've got quality as well. We've got to make sure we put 110 per cent effort in and make sure our quality is better in that game.