Watch the Winter Olympics-themed ad filmed in Hitchin with Torvill and Dean
- Credit: Archant
The Winter Olympics-themed advert filmed in Hitchin town centre, featuring ice dancing legends Torvill and Dean, has today been launched.
The ad, for Team GB sponsor Aldi supermarkets, centres around a shopper who slips on ice in the town’s Market Place and, rather than falling, manages to do an impressive ice skating routine to the tune of Boléro.
He slips through the door of a café and runs into an impressed Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean – who together danced to the Ravel classic to win figure skating Olympic gold for Britain in 1984.
The advert was shot shortly before Christmas, with an actor seen in Market Place using roller skates in the square. The Torvill and Dean scene was shot at Halsey’s Deli.
The Winter Olympics will be held in South Korea’s Pyeongchang county this month.
You may also want to watch:
Aldi does not have a Hitchin store. The nearest branch is in Stevenage, and North Herts District Council gave the green light last year for a site in Letchworth.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years