Warning to motorists of heavy traffic on A1(M) northbound around Welwyn
Motorists heading for Hertford are being warned tonight that the A119 Ware Road, is closed both ways between the B1502 Stansted Road and Station Road owing to an accident. Many bus routes are also being diverted including the 310, 311, 351 and 3
Motorists heading for Hertford are being warned tonight that the A119 Ware Road, is closed both ways between the B1502 Stansted Road and Station Road owing to an accident. Many bus routes are also being diverted including the 310, 311, 351 and 395.
Heavy traffic is also reported this evening on the A1 (M) northbound around junction 6 at Welwyn and between junction 4 and 3 in both directions either side of the Hatfield Tunnel through the roadworks where there is a 40mph speed limit.
Also expect delays on the M25 where there is heavy traffic clockwise between junction 23 with the A1 (M) and junction 24 for Potters Bar and anticlockwise between junction 26 at Waltham Abbey and junction 25 at Enfield.
Slow moving traffic is also reported on the A505 Fishponds Road, Hitchin, eastbound between the A600 Bedford Road and the B656 Walsworth Road.
Also expect possible delays on the M11 between junction 8 with Stansted Airport and junction 9 for Saffron Walden owing to roadworks.
In Bedfordshire on the M1 there is heavy traffic northbound between junction 10 the Luton Airport Spur Road and junction 12 with Flitwick and at junction 13 there could also be delays because of two broken down vehicles southbound.
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
Police report slow moving traffic on the A1 Great North Road northbound at Roxton at the junction with the A421 Bedford Road at the Black Cat Roundabout.