Warning issued to Letchworth van drivers after break-ins
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth van drivers are being urged to remain vigilant after two vehicles were broken into last week.
Police have issued a warning this afternoon after power tools were stolen overnight from Ford Transit vans in Townley and Oakhill on Monday, October 12.
PCSO Martin Barringer said: “We are currently linking these incidents and are appealing for anyone who has any information to contact us.
“It is believed the people responsible for the break-ins may have been travelling in a small red car and I would urge anyone who thinks they may have spotted a vehicle matching this description, in these areas on that evening, to get in touch.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to remind drivers about keeping their vehicles secure to help prevent them being targeted by thieves.
You may also want to watch:
“I would strongly encourage drivers to remove all tools and other valuables from vans overnight and fit additional door locks.”
Anyone with information about these incidents is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn