Baldock and Stevenage fire crews put out blaze at Harry Potter studios
- Credit: Archant
A total of 18 fire crews, including Baldock and Stevenage, put out a blaze at the studios where all eight Harry Potter films were made.
Hertfordshire County Council's Fire and Rescue Service were called at 11.29pm yesterday to the 80-hectare Warner Bros Studios complex in Leavesden.
HCC says 18 fire engines and support vehicles attended the scene to tackle the fire.
In addition, three jets and one aerial ladder platform were used.
There have been no injuries and it was confirmed at 2.50pm, today, the fire has been put out.
You may also want to watch:
Several fire service vehicles are still at the site, according to HCC.
The Leavesden-based studios have also been involved in the production of The Dark Knight, Inception, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace and Jason Bourne.
- 1 Have you seen wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 2 Walk-through coronavirus test site opens in Stevenage
- 3 Elderly queue in cold as mass vaccine centre opens its doors in Stevenage
- 4 Flooding closes part of major road in Stevenage
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Damage caused to Stevenage salon during burglary
- 7 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double
- 8 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 9 100-year-old woman regains strength with Stop Falls campaign
- 10 Council warns of 'extremely high infection rate' in Stevenage ward