Warm words worth up to £4,000 each to cut home heating bills
DOZENS of homes in Stevenage will be warmer and more environmentally friendly this winter after taking advantage of a funding scheme for heating and insulation. Around 5,500 homes in Stevenage are eligible for a Warm Front grant which could give household
DOZENS of homes in Stevenage will be warmer and more environmentally friendly this winter after taking advantage of a funding scheme for heating and insulation.
Around 5,500 homes in Stevenage are eligible for a Warm Front grant which could give householders up to £4,000 to help pay for energy saving measures, including loft insulation and central heating.
Since September this year an estimated 180 homes have successfully applied for a Warm Front grant and nearly £50,000 has gone towards upgrading their heating and insulation systems.
Those suitable for a Warm Front grant include residents over 60, people who suffer from a long term illness or disability, women who are pregnant or those with a child under 16.
You may also want to watch:
To qualify, people need to be receiving an income or disability benefit and live in their own home or rent from a private landlord.
Executive councillor for environment and e-government Richard Henry said: "We would encourage anyone who qualifies for the Warm Front scheme to take full advantage of it.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
"Anything that makes your home more energy efficient will save you money and also be more environmentally friendly."
To find out more, contact the free Warm Front helpline on 0800 3162814 quoting reference MK550.