Want the latest news on your iPad? The Comet’s got an app for that...and it’s free
- Credit: Getty Images/Wavebreak Media
When your favourite free paper takes a big leap forward in the world of new technology, you wouldn’t expect to pay a penny.
The Comet has been at the forefront of the free newspaper revolution since it was first published in 1971, and today it’s one of the biggest regional newspaper titles in the country.
Our website, which automatically adapts depending on whether you’re visiting from a phone, a tablet or a PC computer, continues to surge in popularity.
And now we’re among the first weekly papers in the country to offer a bespoke iPad app – and you can download it now for nothing.
The app packages up the full range of local news, sport, business and what’s on reports in an attractive and easy to navigate format, with new content updated throughout the day, seven days a week.
You may also want to watch:
There’s a dedicated Stevenage FC section, you can search articles and archives by keyword, and there’s a quick link to digital versions of our print editions.
Editor John Francis said: “The Comet is one of the first weekly papers in the country to offer a state of the art app and I’m delighted that we can now fill an important gap in the way we reach out to audiences.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
“For commuters and others on the go who prefer to get their news through tablet platforms, it’s fast, easy to navigate and gives you everything you can get from our print title and website, and more, in a fresh and easy to follow format.”
The app is available through the Apple iTunes store for iPad devices running iOS8 or above. Search for The Comet 24 in the app store or click here to go straight there.