Walton praises Conlon’s attitude after Northampton win
- Credit: Archant
Tom and Dean [Parrett] were magnificent, says match-winner
Simon Walton has praised Tom Conlon after his fellow midfielder impressed against Northampton Town on Saturday.
Conlon’s last start in a Boro shirt was away to Bury on September 26, but he came in to partner Dean Parrett at the weekend and put in a confident display in the 2-1 victory.
Speaking about his team-mate, Walton said: “I thought Dean and TC [Tom Conlon] were magnificent. TC, for a lad who hasn’t played for a while, to come in and produce that performance was unbelievable.
“He deserves it, the way he trains and the way he goes about his business.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s tough. TC has not had a lot of first team football as such, but his attitude and the way he goes about his business is a credit to himself.
“To put on a performance like that and get through 95 minutes against a physical team was credit to him and the same to Deano.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes