Walsworth Festival set to be held tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Tomorrow (Sunday) will see the return of North Hertfordshire’s largest free festival which marks its 40th anniversary this year.
Walsworth Festival will take place on Walsworth Common and at St Faith’s Church in Woolgrove Road, Hitchin.
The event was founded by the church in 1974 with a Miss Walsworth competition, a procession and a service, but now offers a whole host of activities including ferret racing, a mini funfair and numerous stalls and games.
The popular scout train, a Punch and Judy show and a magician will also be entertaining the crowds along with performances from Letchworth Morris Men, and music and dance acts,
Vintage cars will also be on display and a wide variety of refreshments available.
Organising committee member Alan Millard said: “The Walsworth Festival is back again and every year it goes from strength to strength. A lot of effort and organisation goes into planning the day and there will be entertainment for the whole family. We hope that people will come along and support us and enjoy the day as whatever the weather, there is plenty for the public to do and enjoy.”
The festival – opened by North Herts District Council chairman Jane Gray – will run from 11am until 4pm on Walsworth Common.
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 3 Letchworth man found with 'cannabis and bread knife' in Hitchin
- 4 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 5 Vulnerable woman is victim of alleged theft in Hitchin
- 6 'Horrible cramped housing' plans rejected by council
- 7 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 8 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 9 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 10 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
St Faith’s Church opens at 1pm, and will play host to performances of music and dance from schools and groups.
For a full programme of events visit www.walsworthfestival.co.uk