Wallace wants FA to help Conference
Boro chairman Phil Wallace has urged the FA to include the Blue Square Premier in any television deal it negotiates with potential broadcasters. The FA are trying to find a buyer for coverage of England home friendlies and FA Cup ties following the colla
Boro chairman Phil Wallace has urged the FA to include the Blue Square Premier in any television deal it negotiates with potential broadcasters.
The FA are trying to find a buyer for coverage of England home friendlies and FA Cup ties following the collapse of Setanta while the Conference also needs to find a rescue deal.
And Wallace believes the FA should help negotiate a deal on the Blue Square Premier's behalf as clubs look to plug a �70,000-�100,000 void in their budgets.
"I think there is a big onus on the FA to help the Blue Square Premier," he told The Comet. "The Premier League have rowed off in their own canoe and you would expect that.
You may also want to watch:
"But you would hope that any deal re-negotiated by the FA for some of their other rights would include the Blue Square Premier.
"You would expect the FA to support the Conference but I'm not going to budget for that.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn