Walker signs on loan
Midfielder joins from Watford until January 5
Stevenage have signed versatile midfielder Josh Walker on loan from Watford until January 5.
Walker, 21, is eligible for tomorrow’s FA Cup Second Round clash with AFC Wimbledon and is likely to go straight into the squad for the trip to Kingsmeadow.
Walker joined the Hornets on a free transfer in the summer from fellow Championship side Middlesbrough but has since only made four substitute appearances for their first team.
Despite his lack of first-team experience at Boro and Watford, Walker has captained England at every age level from under-16 to under-20 and also skippered the Three Lions at last year’s under-20 World Cup in Egypt.
You may also want to watch:
He has also had loan stints at Bournemouth, Aberdeen and Rotherham.
He will wear the number 28 shirt.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain