‘Walk or run yourself proud’ – Fairlands Valley Spartans to host Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile as Herts police officer attempts 24-hour challenge
- Credit: Archant
The spirit of Sport Relief will be returning to Stevenage this year, with one Herts police officer going the extra mile for the cause.
Organisers have now confirmed the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile will be held in the town for the second time and will be hosted by running club Fairlands Valley Spartans.
The mile event will take place at Ridlins End running track, while three and six-mile courses will also incorporate the surrounding park.
Spartans member John Nelms, an officer at Herts police, will be taking on the epic challenge of completing 100 miles on the running track within 24 hours. James Kilroy from the Spartans said: “The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile in Stevenage is here and it’s your time to walk or run yourself proud.
“From little ones with their mums and dads, to runners up against the clock there’s something for everyone to make themselves feel proud on this special day.
You may also want to watch:
“Additionally I am super pleased to accommodate John’s amazing 24 hour challenge and will be on-site throughout to support John.
“I encourage anyone wishing to help in some way to get in touch with me via our Facebook page and I wish John every success during his training over the next four weeks.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
The event takes place on Sunday, March 20, with John setting off at 10am the day before.