Wait almost over for first Baldock half-marathon
THE first ever half-marathon in Baldock will be held tomorrow (Sunday).
At 10am, about 450 runners will start just outside Clothall Common in Baldock and head out through Wallington and Sandon, before returning to Clothall Common.
Race director and Baldock’s town centre manager Murray Fastier is keen to encourage supporters along the racecourse, especially in Wallington and Sandon.
Cllr Michael Weeks, chairman of North Herts District Council, will present prizes at 12.30pm on Baldock High Street.
At 1.30pm on the High Street, there will be a performance by Garden City Samba, and from about 11.30am there will be a display of about 18 Ferraris.
The event is sponsored by Baldock businesses Anglo Precision Engineering, North Hertfordshire Homes, Kindlelight, DB Sharp and L&C Precision Tooling, as well as Nuffield Health in Letchworth GC.
For more information about the race, visit www.baldocktown.co.uk or email Mr Fastier at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 8 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company
• Click on the link at the top right of the page to send in your snaps of the first Baldock half-marathon via www.iwitness24.co.uk for a chance to see them in print and online.