Vote today in North Herts and Stevenage local elections
- Credit: Archant
There are local elections in North Hertfordshire district and Stevenage borough today, Thursday.
Polling stations are open from 7am to 10pm. The deadline to register to vote was on April 17.
North Hertfordshire District Council currently comprises 34 Conservatives, 11 Labour and three Liberal Democrats, with one seat vacant after a Labour councillor resigned to stand in another ward.
Nineteen seats are up for grabs, with the Tories defending 12 and Labour six.
In Stevenage, there are 27 Labour councillors, nine Tories and three Lib Dems.
You may also want to watch:
There are elections today for 13 wards – with Labour defending nine seats, the Tories defending three and the Lib Dems defending one.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term