Vote to help win a Hitchin school £18,000 and raise aspirations
- Credit: Archant
Interested in helping a Hitchin school raise aspirations? Then you can take part in an online vote which could help it win £18,000,
The Priory School is competing in a nationwide competition run by the Royal Bank of Scotland for schools to apply for funding to support new projects.
Raising Aspirations co-ordinator at Priory School, Kate Allan explained: “We put forward a bid – and are thrilled to announce we’ve been shortlisted.
“The aim of the Raising Aspirations Inspire Me Programme is to improve the future employability of the most vulnerable children in our school community.
“This will be an incredibly important programme and a very big deal for our school.
You may also want to watch:
“We have bid for £18,000 and we’d love as many people from Hitchin to vote for us to win.
“It only takes a minute to vote via the website, which can be found at http://skillsandopportunitiesfund.natwest.com/vote/vote-within-region-midlands-and-east.html – and if we win this bid, it will make a real difference to the lives of children in our school, so please help us to inspire them.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
The deadline for voting ends 9am on Monday.