VOTE NOW: Hitler cats battle it out for lookalike crown
THE claws are out as cat owners in Comet country battle to have their moggies crowned number one Hitler lookalike.
The competition follows a Comet appeal for readers to send in their pictures, after Norma Dibley’s cat Ozzie was featured in last week’s paper and online.
Readers sent us their pics, and we have chosen Ozzie, Georgie, Charlie, Charley and Dougal as our finalists for the Comet Kitler title.
Ten-week-old kitten Georgie’s owner Hayley Hayman thinks that her fluffy pet is in with a chance.
“He could definitely give Ozzie a run for his money,” said Hayley.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s got an incredible personality. He’s so very cheeky and likes to sit on stranger’s laps and falls asleep on them.”
Dee Hope, whose cat Charley sadly died recently, also thinks there’s a certain resemblance.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
“I had a big shock when the paper came through the door to see Ozzie on the front page,” she said.
“Charley looks like he has got the other half of Ozzie’s moustache, and there is quite a resemblance at first glance.”
Andy Bywaters is the owner of four-year-old Dougal [pictured]. He said that when Dougal was born, comments were made on his resemblance to the dictator.
Helen Pieri’s cat Charlie, who is named after Charlie Chaplin, rounds off our quintet of competitors.
“I loved the article about Ozzie the cat, but I do think my cat has a better moustache,” she said.
* Click on the link to view our gallery of Hitler cat competitors, then have your say by voting in our poll. The winner will be announced in this week’s paper.