Volunteers of all ages do their bit at Ickleford litter-pick
- Credit: Archant
Young and old came out in Ickleford to do their bit in sprucing up their village.
Led by parish councillor Ray Blake with the help of Zoe Hyde, 20 volunteers collected about 30 sacks of discarded litter between them.
Mr Blake said: “The people of Ickleford have again come together as a community to make their village a nice clean place to live.”
He added that now the village has had a good clean, it would be good if residents and visitors could use the litter bins more in future.
The volunteers focused on the main parts of Ickleford along Arlesey Road and some of the residential side roads, as well as in front of the village school and recreation ground.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Blake said they plan to do another litter-pick before the summer.
The effort prompted many positive comments from neighbours on social media, one of whom said the effort was “wonderful” and had made a huge difference.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term