Volunteer to help improve Stevenage’s green spaces
- Credit: Archant
Are you interested in volunteering to help improve parks, woodlands and ponds in your area?
Head to Stevenage Borough Council’s Daneshill House offices on Danestrete in Stevenage today (Saturday) to find out more about helping to improve the town’s environment.
Green Space volunteers are part of a wider team of council staff and other volunteers who undertake improvement works to community green spaces.
As a volunteer, there will be opportunities to undertake a broad variety of work, which may include woodland maintenance and coppicing, bulb planting, ecological surveys, improvements to ponds, and the installation of bird and bat boxes.
Councillor John Gardner, the council’s executive member for environment and regeneration, said: “We’re fortunate to have so much greenery in our town, but it’s not just the quantity of green spaces, we’re incredibly lucky with their quality too. These spaces don’t look after themselves, they are tended by a dedicated team of volunteers and staff members.
You may also want to watch:
“We encourage and welcome people from all sectors of our community to volunteer and no previous experience is required. You just need to enjoy working in the outdoors and want to make a difference to the town where you live. Volunteers are welcome to attend for as much, or as little time as they can afford. From one hour to 10 hours, everybody’s help is welcomed and valued.”
The event will take place from 10am until 12.30pm in the council chamber. Spaces are limited. For more information and to reserve your space, call 01438 242323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed