Volkswagen stolen in Letchworth after motorist ‘momentarily leaves it’ while parked
- Credit: Archant
A motorist had her car stolen in Letchworth on Monday after she ‘momentarily left it’ while parked – and police have today appealed for witnesses.
The robbery happened shortly after 2pm, when the woman parked her 2012 plate black Volkswagen Tiguan in Icknield Way, by the junction with Cromwell Road.
A man approached her, jumped into the car after she ‘momentarily left it’ and then – despite the woman’s attempts to stop him – drove off at speed along Works Road towards Baldock.
The man is described as having a ‘chunky’ build, and was wearing a white tracksuit and sky blue puffa jacket.
Det Con Ben Gower, from the local crime unit at Hitchin police station, said: “It is believed a woman was walking with some young children in the area at the time of the incident and may have witnessed what happened. I would ask her to make contact with me on 01438 757535. I’d also ask anyone who may have witnessed the incident to get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious in the area around the time stated, or has any further information that could assist the investigation, should call police on 101, quoting crime reference number G2/17/196.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket