Virgin media permanently switches off analogue TV transmission in Stevenage
VIRGIN Media is permanently switching off analogue TV transmission to its Stevenage customers today (Thursday). All terrestrial channels, with the exception of 1-5, will no longer be available. Analogue channels 1-5 will continue to be provided until July
VIRGIN Media is permanently switching off analogue TV transmission to its Stevenage customers today (Thursday).
All terrestrial channels, with the exception of 1-5, will no longer be available.
Analogue channels 1-5 will continue to be provided until July 1.
Virgin Media digital cable customers will not be affected.
You may also want to watch:
Today's switch-off comes up to two years ahead of the national digital switchover for Stevenage.
The borough council and Stevenage Homes have agreed to install communal aerial systems in flat blocks and sheltered housing schemes so residents can continue watching the five analogue channels until the official digital switchover which begins in Stevenage in April next year.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
Leaseholders have been asked to pay up to �250 for the work.
The matter has been put on the agenda for the Stevenage Homes leaseholder forum on Wednesday, April 14.
Brent O'Halloran, director of property services at Stevenage Homes, said: "We are aware that many leaseholders still have questions about the work.
"The forum will be attended by myself, members of our home ownership services team, and representatives of the contractors who are undertaking the work, so we hope to be able to answer most of the queries raised."
The meeting will be held at 6.30pm at the council offices in Daneshill House on Danestrete in Stevenage.