Virgin London Marathon 2013: Stevenage man’s dream comes true
- Credit: Archant
A FATHER-OF-TWO will be fulfilling a long-term goal with the help of a fellow Comet country runner.
Karl Clark turns 40 in July and has been given the chance to take part in his first London Marathon prior to reaching the milestone.
The Stevenage resident has been unable to get a place for a number of years but will be on the start line this year after friend Donna Lee helped him secure a charity place with The Children’s Trust.
Donna, who is also running the marathon, is the community fundraising manager for the charity which provides care for children with disabilities.
“Throughout my life I’ve undertaken some sporting challenges with my family and friends all over the country, but have yet to complete one of my biggest passions - the London Marathon,” said Karl, who lives in Cromdale Walk.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve had this passion for some years and wanted to do it before I turned 40.”
To support Karl visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/KarlClark
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
*Donna Lee’s story will be featured in this section at the weekend.