Virgin London Marathon 2013: Meppershall gardener swaps runner beans for running shoes
- Credit: Archant
A GARDENER will be swapping runner beans for running shoes on Sunday.
Former soldier Robin Sandler will be raising money for Herts Action on Disability (HAD).
The Meppershall resident has always been keen on athletics and, as well as running for the Army nearly 20 years ago, has also competed for Fairlands Valley Spartans.
The 42-year-old, who runs a gardening business in Shefford, said: “I’ve been running all my life and in the early days I was a sprinter, concentrating on the 100 and 200 metres as well as relays.
“Since I heard about the massive funding cuts imposed on HAD two years ago, I’ve been looking for a way to help. Hopefully I can raise some funds so they can continue providing their excellent services.”
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Robin, call HAD on 01707 324581.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 3 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit