Virgin London Marathon 2013: Ickleford friends run for close causes
- Credit: Archant
TWO friends are taking part in the London Marathon to raise money for charities close to their hearts.
Adam Brockett is running for the British Heart Foundation while Daniel Schad is taking on the challenge to raise money for Garden House Hospice.
The Ickleford men both have personal reasons for choosing their charities. Adam is an events manager for BHF and Daniel’s mum was cared for by the hospice before she died in 2009.
Adam, 35, said: “[BHF] really does make a huge difference to people’s lives all over the UK and having said I would do the marathon one day, I’ve now finally manned up and am taking it on.”
Thirty-nine-year-old Daniel added: “I wanted the Garden House Hospice to benefit from my pain as they were so supportive to my family and me while providing support and care to my mum.
You may also want to watch:
“When times get tough I will just need to think how strong my mum was during difficult times and this will inspire me.”
You can support Adam at www.justgiving.com/adam-brockett and Daniel at www.justgiving.com/daniel-schad
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery