Violent repeat offender from Hitchin who smashed stools and table at Letchworth pub is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A violent repeat offender who smashed bar stools and a table at a Letchworth town centre pub has been jailed for nine months.
Jasper Thomson, of Willian Road in Hitchin, assaulted a woman and caused criminal damage at the Three Magnets in Leys Avenue on Tuesday last week.
The 23-year-old was also found to have cannabis in his possession, and stole meat, alcohol and disposable barbecues in a separate incident elsewhere in Letchworth on June 18.
Thomson – who was already subject to two suspended sentences – pleaded guilty to all charges when he appeared at Hatfield Remand Court on Thursday, and was jailed for a total of 39 weeks.
Chairman of the bench Geralyn Breger noted Thomson’s previous convictions while passing sentence.
You may also want to watch:
Thomson received a suspended jail term in March for assaulting three police officers, possessing a lock knife, damaging a van door and police car, and three counts of shoplifting crates of lager in Letchworth.
A second suspended sentence was imposed in May after he assaulted another police officer and two other people in the town.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
The bench sentenced Thomson to two weeks’ imprisonment over the incident at the Three Magnets, and two weeks for the theft on June 18 – adding a total of 35 weeks for all these previous offences to make a 39-week jail term.