Vincenti went out on loan to make way for Ben May
One in, one out as Stevenage boss Westley balances the budget
BORO boss Graham Westley says he sent Peter Vincenti out on loan to make way for striker Ben May.
Vincenti joined Mansfield Town on a three-month deal last week while May signed a contract until the end of the season.
Speaking about the move, Graham Westley said: “It’s one in, one out. The budget is spent so the only way we can bring a player into the club is if one leaves.
“Peter’s gone out, Ben’s come in and that’s a change to the squad, and an addition of some experience.
You may also want to watch:
“If you’ve got players who know the league who know your way around the clubs in the league it always pays and we’ve added that little bit of experience in the signing of Ben and Peter has to go to keep the budget in order.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed