Village set for sport facility
- Credit: Archant
The first two phases of a sports project have been completed with the facility now open to the public.
Two disused tennis courts at Breachwood Green Recreation Ground in Chapel Road have been turned into the Breachwood Green Sports Zone.
The facility comprises of a multi-use games area (MUGA) for a five-a-side football and basketball, amongst others games, as well as street snooker, outdoor table tennis and a outdoor gym. The whole area is floodlit and designed use all year round.
The third and final phase is the reinstatement of a floodlit tennis court, and it is hoped that fundraising efforts throughout 2014 will see this element of the project concluded by the end of the year.
The project is being funded by King’s Walden Parish Council, residents of Breachwood Green and the wider parish community, as well as a £32,809 grant from Sport England’s Inspired Facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Use of the MUGA can be booked on either a block or ad hoc basis by emailing MUGA@kwpc.org.uk or visiting www.kwpc.org.uk
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair