Village pub unveils new oven – shaped like a cricket ball!
- Credit: Archant
A pub in Weston is putting the finishing touches to a new pizza oven with a difference – it’s shaped like a cricket ball, and painted like one, too!
The Cricketers, under the new ownership of Anglia Country Inns is having its pub kitchen refurbished with the bright red wood-fired oven – complete with a painted seam to replicate a cricket ball – on schedule to start cooking next month.
Director Howard Nye explained: “Our wood fire oven – the only one within a 15 mile radius – is expected to prove popular with customers old and new.
“We’re also encouraging people to donate their old cricket bats in exchange for a pizza. We plan to cover the front of the bar in old cricket bats so we need people to bring theirs in – we’re looking forward to bartering with them for one of our great new pizzas!
“We’re making it a family-orientated pub, with the emphasis on having a fun time.
You may also want to watch:
“We plan a revamped children’s playground area, and eventually plan to grow our own vegetables, and have a petting zoo in the future.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go