Views sought on Walsworth Common proposal
- Credit: Archant
People in North Herts are being asked for their views on how the recreational areas at Walsworth Common in Hitchin should be developed.
The 9.6 hectare Common is owned by North Herts District Council (NHDC).
Countryside Management Service (CMS) is working on behalf of NHDC, who are holding a public consultation to establish what enhancements people would like to see.
Key proposals include the recreational facilities, the replacement of the bridge and signage, improvements to the river and habitat for wildlife and access to and from the Common.
A draft plan is available at www.hertslink.org/cms/news/newsfeat2014/
You may also want to watch:
To comment on the draft plan email@example.com
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed