Video: Watch Eurovision super-fan and X Factor hopeful, Jethro from Stevenage
A EUROVISION super-fan is hoping to hit the big time after performing the 1980 winning entry at the X Factor auditions last week. Jethro Offemaria, of Carisbrooke Close in Stevenage, gave it his all with a rendition of Johnny Logan s What s Another Year a
A EUROVISION super-fan is hoping to hit the big time after performing the 1980 winning entry at the X Factor auditions last week.
Jethro Offemaria, of Carisbrooke Close in Stevenage, gave it his all with a rendition of Johnny Logan's What's Another Year at the Emirates Stadium in London.
The 19-year-old had already auditioned in front of producers of the X Factor to win through to the second round.
Jethro said: "I started singing when I was a child in the Philippines and moved here in 2000 to get my new life.
"I sing a lot of Eurovision entries and can sing in many different languages.
"I would like to perform in front of a big crowd and my target is to enter Eurovision - I've been a fan all my life."
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
He is still waiting to hear if he has won through to the next round.