VIDEO: Wanted appeal for burglary suspect launched after police vehicles rammed in Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
Video footage showing police vehicles being rammed in Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire has been released today alongside an appeal to trace a man who is wanted in connection with a string of burglaries across the region.
Luke Wall is wanted in connection with a large number of house burglaries which have happened in Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire – as well as Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and Kent – when cars and valuables totalling more than £500,000 were taken.
The footage shows a car, believed to have been used by the 23-year-old, reversing into a police motorcycle on the M11 in Cambridgeshire on June 9 this year, injuring the officer.
Another recorded incident shows a police car being rammed on the M25 in Hertfordshire three days later after one of the officers began to approach the car.
The last known address for Wall, who has breached crown court bail conditions and removed his electronic monitoring tag, is in Stanford-le-Hope, Essex, but police believe he could be anywhere in the East Anglia region.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed he is travelling with his partner Teresa Connors 20, who is also wanted for breaching court bail conditions for burglary offences.
Detective chief inspector Paul Maleary from Essex Police said: “We are working with our colleagues in Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire as we need to trace these two people urgently as they are suspected of continuing to commit burglary crimes after breaching court bail conditions.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
“Extensive enquiries have been carried out across the UK but Wall and Connors appear to be always on the move. However, we believe they are currently somewhere in East Anglia.
“The CPS has taken an unusual step and agreed that we can release some of the CCTV footage of police vehicles being rammed to show how important it is that we find those responsible as quickly as possible.”
Anyone who sees the couple should call 999 immediately. If you have information about their whereabouts contact Essex Police on 101 and ask for officers at Grays CID, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.