VIDEO: Twelve Days of Christmas - with a twist!
WE ALL know the traditional version of Twelve Days of Christmas, with partridges, gold rings and maids a-milking. But this year, Herts Police have decided to create their own version of the classic song, with a twist.
The song, which has been released on the Constabulary’s YouTube channel, features seasonal crime prevention advice on each day.
It is performed by the volunteer Constabulary Choir, with guest appearances from the likes of Codicote singer Kim Wilde, and the Stevenage and Hitchin safer neighbourhood teams.
Stevenage police feature on day nine - watch out for pickpockets - and Hitchin police feature on day seven - remove shopping from your car.
University students, police dog Storm and Watford Football Club also lend their voices to the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a light-hearted approach to highlight the serious issue of preventing crime,” said Chief Constable Andy Bliss.
“My officers and staff will be working hard to keep the county safe over the festive season and I hope this video helps to remind people of how they also can help to keep themselves, their families and their property safe and secure.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
* To view the video, click on the link above. Don’t fancy the full 12 verses? Skip to 3 mins 57 secs to see just the last verse.