VIDEO: Teen sport stacking sensation at Stevenage Health Action Day
- Credit: Archant
A free event aimed at encouraging families to get fit and healthy will be held tomorrow (Saturday).
Health Action Day (HAD) will be held at Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre on Lytton Way and will include a timetable of activities for people to try for free.
Activities available on the day are set to include zumba, football, basketball, badminton, line dancing, tai chi and children’s street dance.
Athletics, studio cycling classes and outdoor bike rides will also be available, as well as access to the gym.
Competitive sports stacker James Acraman will attend HAD having returned from the World Sports Stacking Championships in South Korea, winning four World Championship medals and setting four new UK records.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old, who delivers the Comet and is from Stevenage, has been sport stacking for five years and can be seen in action at HAD, where he will be available to answer questions about the sport.
At the event there will also be more than 30 health-related stalls, with representatives including Parkinson’s UK, mental health charity Mind, autism charity Tracks, and Sports Stevenage.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Visitors will also have the opportunity to have free health tests.
HAD will run from 10am until 3pm.