VIDEO: Men sought in connection with multiple Hitchin teen robbery
- Credit: Archant
A GROUP of teenagers were robbed by a gang of men near a railway station earlier this month.
The four teens were sat on a wall near Family Bargains, Walsworth Road, Hitchin, when they were approached by some men, who demanded they hand over their mobile phones.
Three of the victims complied, and one refused.
The offenders left the scene and boarded a train at Hitchin Railway Station at around 11pm, before getting off at Finsbury Park.
This week, police released CCTV images of five men they would like to speak to in connection with the robberies, which happened on Friday, February 1, between 10.10pm and 10.50pm.
Pc Kate Raine, who is investigating, said: “I would like to speak with each of the people pictured as part of the investigation and would appeal to anyone who knows them or who can identify them to contact police.
“As they got off the train in Finsbury Park I would appeal to people in that area to look at the photos and call if they can assist.”
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 10 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
Anyone with information is asked to call the non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference number G1/13/250, or Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
• To view the CCTV footage, click on the video. You can also view more CCTV pictures in our gallery, top right.