Video: Knebworth 10k jog
MORE than 900 people took part in this year s Knebworth 10k jog on Sunday, to raise money for the British Heart Foundation (BHF). For a fourth year, runners and walkers flocked to Knebworth Park, and Stevenage mayor Mick Patston and head of Knebworth Hous
MORE than 900 people took part in this year's Knebworth 10k jog on Sunday, to raise money for the British Heart Foundation (BHF).
For a fourth year, runners and walkers flocked to Knebworth Park, and Stevenage mayor Mick Patston and head of Knebworth House Henry Lytton Cobbold were there to cheer them on.
BHF event organiser Adam Brockett said: "What a great way to start 2009. It was great to see such a diversity of local people on the day - either walking, running or just there to support their loved ones.
"We hope that with the 900 people present at this year's event we can reach and surpass our fundraising target of �40,000.
"The BHF does rely purely on donations of people's time and money to continue its vital and pioneering work."
For those who took part in the event, sponsor Stevenage Leisure Limited is offering a year's free membership to the highest individual fundraiser. To qualify, you must submit your sponsor money by June 1.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 5 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 6 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
To view photos taken on the day, click on the link below.