Video: Knebworth 10k jog
MORE than 900 people took part in this year s Knebworth 10k jog on Sunday, to raise money for the British Heart Foundation (BHF). For a fourth year, runners and walkers flocked to Knebworth Park, and Stevenage mayor Mick Patston and head of Knebworth Hous
MORE than 900 people took part in this year's Knebworth 10k jog on Sunday, to raise money for the British Heart Foundation (BHF).
For a fourth year, runners and walkers flocked to Knebworth Park, and Stevenage mayor Mick Patston and head of Knebworth House Henry Lytton Cobbold were there to cheer them on.
BHF event organiser Adam Brockett said: "What a great way to start 2009. It was great to see such a diversity of local people on the day - either walking, running or just there to support their loved ones.
"We hope that with the 900 people present at this year's event we can reach and surpass our fundraising target of �40,000.
"The BHF does rely purely on donations of people's time and money to continue its vital and pioneering work."
For those who took part in the event, sponsor Stevenage Leisure Limited is offering a year's free membership to the highest individual fundraiser. To qualify, you must submit your sponsor money by June 1.
- 1 Have your say on TK Maxx plans to move store out of town centre
- 2 Sex offender avoids jail 'by skin of his teeth' after Hitchin assault
- 3 Former Stevenage swimmer 'buzzing' to compete in Commonwealth Games
- 4 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 7 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 8 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 9 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
To view photos taken on the day, click on the link below.