Video: Knebworth 10k jog
MORE than 900 people took part in this year s Knebworth 10k jog on Sunday, to raise money for the British Heart Foundation (BHF). For a fourth year, runners and walkers flocked to Knebworth Park, and Stevenage mayor Mick Patston and head of Knebworth Hous
MORE than 900 people took part in this year's Knebworth 10k jog on Sunday, to raise money for the British Heart Foundation (BHF).
For a fourth year, runners and walkers flocked to Knebworth Park, and Stevenage mayor Mick Patston and head of Knebworth House Henry Lytton Cobbold were there to cheer them on.
BHF event organiser Adam Brockett said: "What a great way to start 2009. It was great to see such a diversity of local people on the day - either walking, running or just there to support their loved ones.
"We hope that with the 900 people present at this year's event we can reach and surpass our fundraising target of �40,000.
You may also want to watch:
"The BHF does rely purely on donations of people's time and money to continue its vital and pioneering work."
For those who took part in the event, sponsor Stevenage Leisure Limited is offering a year's free membership to the highest individual fundraiser. To qualify, you must submit your sponsor money by June 1.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 5 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory
To view photos taken on the day, click on the link below.