Video: Health Action Day
PEOPLE young and old had fun, learning about getting fit and leading healthier lives at Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre. Tony Galvin, ex-Tottenham Hotspur player, was on hand to help people become human table football players at the Health Action Day. T
PEOPLE young and old had fun, learning about getting fit and leading healthier lives at Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre.
Tony Galvin, ex-Tottenham Hotspur player, was on hand to help people become human table football players at the Health Action Day.
The event, organised by Stevenage Borough Council, Stevenage Rotary Club and Stevenage Leisure Ltd, and supported by The Comet, aimed to create awareness of a variety of health problems, including obesity, stress and diabetes, as well as to show people that physical activity can be fun.
Throughout the day there were demonstrations and presentations from health and fitness professionals, as well as a question and answer opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
There were also more than 50 information stands in the main hall, covering health issues as well as sporting activities available in Stevenage, and visitors had the chance to have their blood pressure and cholesterol tested, their body mass index calculated, and their hearing tested.
Visitors also had the opportunity to test their skills on a climbing wall, and Nordic walking sessions and a bike ride departed from the leisure centre throughout the day.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation