Video: Full Steam Ahead For Stotfold Mill Show This Weekend
IT is full steam ahead for the Working Steam Weekend at Stotfold Mill on Saturday and Sunday. The event will turn the clock back almost a century when horses and steam-driven machinery were common on farms. The great collection of steam vehicles owned by
IT is full steam ahead for the Working Steam Weekend at Stotfold Mill on Saturday and Sunday.
The event will turn the clock back almost a century when horses and steam-driven machinery were common on farms.
The great collection of steam vehicles owned by local businessman John Saunders, chairman of the Stotfold Mill Preservation Trust, will be on show and working.
There will be steam-driven threshing machines, saw milling and stone crushing machines and displays of ploughing with heavy horses, steam engines and vintage tractors.
You may also want to watch:
On Both days the mill will be open producing flour, so visitors can view the whole milling process from threshing to grinding grain. Randalls Tea Room will also be open for meals and light refreshments and there will be a beer tent and stalls selling a variety of hot and cold food.
Entrance charges are �2 for adults; �1 for children over four and seniors and ample car parking is available. The show starts at 10.30am on both days and finishes at 5pm.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 9 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5