Video: Firefighters tackle blaze at scrapyard
DOZENS of firefighters are tackling a major blaze at a scrapyard.
The fire is on the B656 London Road at Langley, near the junction with Langley Lane – and a plume of smoke can be seen for miles.
A spokeswoman for Herts Fire and Rescue Service said crews were called to the scene just after 5am this morning (Wednesday).
Ten appliances are currently on the scene.
Vehicles and other scrap, including tyres, are on fire.
You may also want to watch:
The B656 – a busy commuter route for motorists trying to avoid the A1(M) – is closed to traffic in both directions.
A Hertfordshire Constabulary spokeswoman said smoke was causing “visibility problems” for motorists, and that the road would remain closed all day.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030