VIDEO: David Walliams and Johnny Vegas star in St John Ambulance ‘Chokeables’ campaign
- Credit: Archant
Three celebrities have thrown their weight behind a new campaign to inform parents how to save a choking baby.
The animated Chokeables advert by St John Ambulance stars David Walliams, Johnny Vegas and Sir John Hurt who all provide voiceovers.
The campaign has been launched by the first aid charity after a survey found that 73 per cent of parents across the eastern region did not know the correct technique for saving their baby from choking, despite it being a major fear for both of them.
The charity’s regional, training and community projects manager, Paul Knighton, said: “Knowing what to do in an emergency can be the difference between life and death, especially with something like choking.
“We all know how time-pressed parents are, so this film makes it as easy as possible to learn first aid – in less than 40 seconds we can all know a skill that could save a life.
You may also want to watch:
“Our hope is that people watch,enjoy and share the video with their friends and family, so more of us have the confidence to act in an emergency.”
To watch the film visit www.sja.org.uk/TheChokeables.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts