VIDEO: Cousin of man stabbed to death pens song in memory
A BUDDING musician has penned a song in memory of his cousin who was stabbed to death this year, to mark the first Christmas without him.
Graham Snowden – known to friends and family as Snowy – was killed in January.
Those who knew him want to keep his memory alive this Christmas, and cousin Aaron Chalkley Shephard has channelled his grief by writing a song about the Hitchin father-of-two.
He told the Comet: “He [Snowy] knew I was interested in music, and he always said to me, if you have a dream, then follow it. That was one of the things he taught me.
“In a way, he made me start up music.”
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old from Stevenage, who has named the song Missing You, is donating half the money raised from the sale of the song to Snowy’s two daughters.
He has sold about 50 copies so far.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
“We were really close,” added Aaron, who goes by the name Azzer for his music.
“When he died, I really wanted to write a song about him.
“It’s weird knowing he won’t be here this Christmas.”
Another of Snowy’s cousins, Emma Chalkley, said everyone had come together in the wake of his death.
“The idea is to give money to Snowy’s girls, as this is their first Christmas without their father,” she said.
“It’s quite a hard time, especially because it’s coming up to a year (since Snowy died).
“Everyone’s just coping the best they can, and the girls have got a lot of support through a Facebook page, which people write on still. Snowy was such a loved man.”
Aaron’s song is being sold as part of Aaron’s EP for �5. For a copy, tweet Aaron at @azzer_artist or visit his Facebook page Azzer Artist.
To view a video of the song, visit the Comet’s website.