VIDEO: Britain’s Got Talent finalist Gabz releases 2014 FIFA World Cup song
- Credit: Archant
A teenage singer-songwriter from Stevenage is hoping to net her first number one single after penning an original 2014 FIFA World Cup song.
Last year’s Britain’s Got Talent finalist Gabz is releasing Holiday in Brazil ahead of the world’s biggest footballing tournament – which kicks off in the South American country on June 12.
The 15-year-old, who attends The Nobel School in Stevenage, will be raising money for Make-A-Wish Foundation UK, which grants wishes to children and young people fighting life-threatening conditions.
“We are extremely grateful to Gabz for choosing to support Make-A-Wish,” said Amanda Williams, director of fundraising for the charity.
“Proceeds from the song will help us grant more magical wishes to brave and deserving young people. In 2014 we want to grant 1,000 wishes, so her support is invaluable.”
You may also want to watch:
Gabz, whose first single Lighters (The One) entered the Official UK Singles Chart at number six after capturing the nation’s attention on Britain’s Got Talent last summer, has already seen #HolidayinBrazil trending on Twitter in the UK after she launched a competition amongst her fans to appear in the video.
The single will rival England’s official World Cup song, which is led by Gary Barlow and Gary Lineker.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket