VIDEO: Britain’s Got Talent finalist Gabz releases 2014 FIFA World Cup song
- Credit: Archant
A teenage singer-songwriter from Stevenage is hoping to net her first number one single after penning an original 2014 FIFA World Cup song.
Last year’s Britain’s Got Talent finalist Gabz is releasing Holiday in Brazil ahead of the world’s biggest footballing tournament – which kicks off in the South American country on June 12.
The 15-year-old, who attends The Nobel School in Stevenage, will be raising money for Make-A-Wish Foundation UK, which grants wishes to children and young people fighting life-threatening conditions.
“We are extremely grateful to Gabz for choosing to support Make-A-Wish,” said Amanda Williams, director of fundraising for the charity.
“Proceeds from the song will help us grant more magical wishes to brave and deserving young people. In 2014 we want to grant 1,000 wishes, so her support is invaluable.”
Gabz, whose first single Lighters (The One) entered the Official UK Singles Chart at number six after capturing the nation’s attention on Britain’s Got Talent last summer, has already seen #HolidayinBrazil trending on Twitter in the UK after she launched a competition amongst her fans to appear in the video.
The single will rival England’s official World Cup song, which is led by Gary Barlow and Gary Lineker.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 4 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 5 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 10 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf