Victory for volunteers with another belting Balstock festival
- Credit: Archant
The people of Baldock bore witness to another belting Balstock over the weekend as Hertfordshire’s biggest free music festival rolled into town.
It was another victory for the volunteers who pulled off a raucous 10th annual bonanza with a list of performers which was bursting at the seams.
More venues were involved than ever, including a Folkstock stage at the White Lion, metal and punk acts at Baldock Town Hall and plenty of sounds up and down the High Street.
A spokesman for the festival said: “Well that’s the end of Balstock and we really hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
“A big thank you must go to all the reps, sound technicians, runners, shakers and movers.
You may also want to watch:
“As well as the security, first aiders and the people of Baldock for putting up with the loud music and gleeful people on your streets.
“Don’t forget to put the second weekend in September 2016 in your diaries.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal