Victoria Pendleton gets married
- Credit: Archant
OLYMPIAN Victoria Pendleton has added another piece of gold to her collection, but this time it’s a wedding ring.
The Olympic cycling champion married 37-year-old Scott Gardner, a former member of her training team, at a ceremony at Colshaw Hall in Cheshire.
Victoria, who grew up in Stotfold and won a gold and silver at the London Olympics last year, wore a floor-length gown by British designer Suzanne Neville.
Not only were they joined by friends and family, but the couple took their two Dobermans, Stella and Jonty, for a walk after the ceremony.
Guests were entertained by BBC1’s Strictly Come Dancing house band, after Victoria was a contestant on last year’s show.
The 32-year-old, who posed for photos in Hello! magazine, said: “Seeing Scott at the top of the aisle is an image I’ll keep in my mind forever. I’m very lucky to have met him. If I hadn’t have done sport, our paths would never have crossed.”
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 8 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company