Vicar marries daughter
A VICAR had more than a passing interest in a wedding on Friday – he took the marriage service of his daughter and her new husband. Verity Hague, 20, married David Parke, 32, at St Peter s Church in Broadwater, Stevenage. David Hague, vicar at the churc
A VICAR had more than a passing interest in a wedding on Friday - he took the marriage service of his daughter and her new husband.
Verity Hague, 20, married David Parke, 32, at St Peter's Church in Broadwater, Stevenage.
David Hague, vicar at the church, oversaw the part of the service where the couple exchange vows and rings.
But the rest of the service was taken by his friend and fellow vicar Nick Bell of St Mary's Church in Luton to allow David to enjoy the day as a father as well.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Bell was also the vicar who christened Verity.
Proud dad David said: "It all went to plan. It was a great day - the best day of my life."
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
The couple met in Uganda when they were helping orphaned children. They have gone back to the country to help out as part of their honeymoon.