Vicar marries daughter
A VICAR had more than a passing interest in a wedding on Friday – he took the marriage service of his daughter and her new husband. Verity Hague, 20, married David Parke, 32, at St Peter s Church in Broadwater, Stevenage. David Hague, vicar at the churc
A VICAR had more than a passing interest in a wedding on Friday - he took the marriage service of his daughter and her new husband.
Verity Hague, 20, married David Parke, 32, at St Peter's Church in Broadwater, Stevenage.
David Hague, vicar at the church, oversaw the part of the service where the couple exchange vows and rings.
But the rest of the service was taken by his friend and fellow vicar Nick Bell of St Mary's Church in Luton to allow David to enjoy the day as a father as well.
Nick Bell was also the vicar who christened Verity.
Proud dad David said: "It all went to plan. It was a great day - the best day of my life."
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
The couple met in Uganda when they were helping orphaned children. They have gone back to the country to help out as part of their honeymoon.